Duration: 12 hours
Following the preliminary questionnaire and telephone conversation with families, we analyse the information gathered. From this we formulate what we believe to be a structured routine, actions and strategies that would best suit the family.
Before the over night stay, the family would be emailed this plan.
During the over night consult, the following will occur:
- Upon arrival, a brief discussion about the plan will take place. Any concerns or questions that the family has will be answered or explained more clearly
- A brief explanation of the night will be provided and what’s expected of each party involved.
- Personal, guided support, demonstration and direction will be available from your consultant for the duration of the night
- When the child is settled, after we have gone through the process at least once or twice, you will have the option of either getting some much needed sleep for the remainder of the night or continuing to resettle your child if and when he/she needs
- Upon the completion of the night, within 2-3 days, families will receive a detailed email containing a run down of the night, any modifications to the plan, and the finalised routine
- Email, text and phone call support given for a further two weeks after initial phone consultation. (Duration of calls per day will be limited to 15 mins.)
- Follow up phone call to family two weeks after initial consultation
(All families will be offered the option of going out for the evening to get much-needed full nights sleep, while we carry out the evening of settling. We will however, ask that we’re able to arrive 30 minutes prior to your departure to discuss the plan and what will occur during the night. You MUST leave reliable phone numbers where you will be contactable throughout the night if needed)
Book this package now
Course quality review
I don’t think anything I write will properly convey how deeply grateful we are for your support and expertise with Louis and his sleep.
June 2017 we were at our wits end and I was on the brink of totally losing it. We had given up all our ‘sleep plans’ with Louis and were just scraping by, we had lost all confidence in what we needed to do. It was so difficult that my Dad had started staying over to share some overnights as we were barely coping. Louis was rarely sleeping longer than 45mins – 1hour and was almost impossible to settle. It makes me feel slightly nauseated even thinking about it all!
Since then, we could count on two hands the number of times we have had to go to him overnight. And that is usually because he is sick. Louis is now a champion sleeper, and you are to thank for that.
You were so gentle and flexible in your approach with us and him, and came at it with a holistic approach that included getting us into the right space to help our little man. We went from crazy sleep deprivation, to smiles and laughs. You recognised that the ‘typical’ sleep training approaches were perhaps not going to be as effective on Louis, and adjusted so that we were all comfortable. The first night after you came to stay and help us he slept 10 hours, and it has been consistently 10-12 per night since.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, we will never forget your support.
Amanda, Bren, Griff and Louis 🙂
Having experienced you personally Brooke and having met your sister and aunt at the settling session, I understand how well you work together.
You provide simple, easy to follow advice that is kind to our bubs (I feel so overloaded with information on sleeping, and completely baby-brain tired, so if things are too hard to understand I give up/stop reading). You took the time to get to know Charlotte specifically, so I trust that your advice in return will help her. As you say, every baby is different so a blanket approach isn’t going to work. I think the trust comes through recommendations as well as when people meet you. I said to my partner yesterday that I would be 100% happy having you over to babysit and to say that about our most prized possession after meeting you only briefly is a big deal.
We met Brooke at a childcare centre where she worked, but really got to know her after she came to our house to help us with sleep issues. Our son Ben was 1 year old and had never slept more than 20 minutes at a time – my husband and I were going insane with sleep deprivation!
Brooke was so sensitive to our situation and gave practical advice on how to improve his sleep patterns. She also followed up with our family in the months following and was always so supportive. We could tell that not only did she love her job, but she genuinely cared about the kids. We would highly recommend Brooke and Karma Kids.